Sunday, October 11, 2009

Your Financial Future: Getting Your Will Right



Post by David Held

Your Financial Future: Getting Your Will Right
You may need legal help to have things turn out the way you want
By: Martha M. Hamilton

It’s easy enough to understand why most of us are reluctant to write a will. Who wants to confront mortality?

I finally drafted a will about 10 years ago after my lawyer sister insisted. I realized that if I were to die before my pending divorce was final, everything would go to my soon-to-be-ex-husband unless my will said otherwise, and that turned out to be just the motivation I needed.

Now things have changed, and I really need to pull together a new will. It has been on my to-do list for more than two years.

Click here to read on!

2 comments:

  1. My grand-parents already wrote about their Will. They said "we don't want to get anyone in trouble because of money". But personally, it is sad..

    comment by Minjune Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since it is called "our will",i think it is a good idea to confront mortality for a while and write our will before it becomes somebody else's.
    -Ka Lee Angel Lee

    ReplyDelete